There’s no miracle cure for high blood pressure. However, you can control this by making smart food choices and regularly exercising. Whether it’s you or a loved one with this condition, you can prepare delicious meals that can help you lower your blood pressure.
For ideas on a healthier meal plan, here are some recipes that are good for people with hypertension:
Almond and Barley Salad
- One cup of pearl barley
- One can of kidney beans
- ½ cup of roasted almonds
- One tablespoon of diced scallions
- Two cups of vegetable broth
- ¾ cup of diced zucchini
- One large red bell pepper, diced
- One tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add the salt and barley.
- Let this simmer in low heat while you cover the pot for 10 minutes or until the barley is tender.
- In a salad bowl, place the zucchini, kidney beans, scallions, pepper, and almonds.
- Once the barley is cooked, transfer to a colander and rinse using cold water.
- Combine the ingredients together and add the olive oil, salt, and vinegar.
- One pound of lean turkey, ground
- One whole egg
- ½ cup of regular oats
- One tablespoon of onion
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- Mix all the ingredients and make sure you have combined them very well before you proceed to the next step.
- Bake a loaf pan that has the mixed ingredients for 25 minutes at a temperature of 350 degrees F.
- After baking, slice the meat and serve.
This very easy recipe is great for everyone including those with high blood pressure. Make sure you choose ketchup that has low sodium content.
- Two lemons
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Four artichokes, large
- Ground pepper
- In a Dutch oven, fill it with water with the juice from one of the lemons.
- Remove some of the leaves of the artichoke and snip the tips of remaining.
- Get rid of the fibrous layer using a vegetable peeler.
- Drop each artichoke in the lemon water, so as to keep it from turning brown.
- After preparing the artichokes, bring the lemon water to a boil.
- Place to a cutting board when cooked and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium and slice the artichokes while waiting.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and brush with oil when you have scooped out the choke.
- Grill the artichokes, five minutes for every side.
- Serve with the remaining lemon.